About five years ago I was introduced to the politically incorrect nutrition classic Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon and Dr Mary Enig and the Weston A Price Foundation. The first myth they busted for me was that healthy fats do include butter, beef tallow, coconut oil and unrefined olive oil and of course that Real Milk was both healthy and safe.
Today I wanted to tell you about a homeschool mom, Kristen Michaelis AKA Food Renegade who adores the “living books” model of education promoted by Charlotte Mason. She is also a professional writer and fitness coach who has combined these three passions to create the first and only Nutrition textbook and ecourse for teens of this kind.
Kristen talks about the basics:
- The major macro-nutrients (fats, proteins, and carbohydrates) & how your body uses them.
- The micro-nutrients like vitamins, minerals, enzymes, & their affect on health.
- The nutrient density of Real Food
- Industrial vs. Pasture-based animal husbandry
- Industrial vs. Organic agriculture
- The basics of Real Health
- Sneak Peak Video about Healthy Fats and Oils (Watch the Video)
Disclaimer: I make a small commission on purchases.